Note to New Members ×

Powder Board #1

theMountainAthlete

Volkl Selecta - 163 - Great steep and deep powder board. Also fun when it's tracked out or even over groomers on your way back to the lift. Board is in super condition. Has been stored in a bag with summer wax. Was going to be part of a collection (that I would still ride from time to time), but no time to start a board stash. $300. Does not include shipping. Email jbsboards (at) gmail dot com with any questions.

post-7417-141842397236_thumb.jpg

post-7417-141842397234_thumb.jpg

post-7417-141842397237_thumb.jpg

Edited by theMountainAthlete

A quick shout-out for this board...:biggthump

This Selecta is from the first model year of production. Years 1 and 2 were made in Germany, while all subsequent years were made in China. The quality of year 1 and 2 Selecta's is superior to that of the Chinese-made boards.

While the nose rise is low, offering phenomenal crud-busting ability, the powder channel and significant taper keep the nose riding high. Being the original design, this board has camber.

I've never ridden my Selecta in hardboots, but I believe this board has beefy construction and would be a good hardboot powder board.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...