Note to New Members ×

There are a couple of nice Boards on Ebay

C5 Golfer

AHHHHH D-SUB, you need at least one Sl board in you quiver!!!! Sl boards require way more balance and precision, it's good to go out from time to time and get worked over by the short boards. Then when you get back on a G.S. board you feel like a hero compared to before. Trust me, pick up a SL board, even if it's a crappy one, your G.S. riding will thank you for it later.

I was thinking someone would say that, and as I was typing it I thought "wait, Ive never even RIDDEN a carver shorter than 170! Maybe Im missing something:)"

but...SL/GS...dont apply since I dont race, but I guess you just mean the types of turns that can be made, yeah?

btw...found out I get $20 off at park city with my bachelor pass!

I meant general turn size and board radius. If you are planing on coming to Park City sometime soon bring your pow stick, it's still dumping and has been for almost a solid two weeks. We managed to make the hardboots happen today, but tomorrow you'll only find me in the trees, not on the trails, unless I'm coming out or going into the trees.:D

Originally posted by philfell

I meant general turn size and board radius. If you are planing on coming to Park City sometime soon bring your pow stick, it's still dumping and has been for almost a solid two weeks. We managed to make the hardboots happen today, but tomorrow you'll only find me in the trees, not on the trails, unless I'm coming out or going into the trees.:D

Im tryin to find a good 170 all-rounder...

guy on ebay has tons of oxygens..he's actually in park city...you wouldnt know him by any chance?

I know him through friends kind of. He's kind of a dink. I was looking for some boards for one of my riders and I emailed him seeing if I could come over to where he stores the boards to see the flexes and dimensions first hand and to probably purchse one one the spot. He simply responded by telling me to bid on ebay and if I wanted to secure one to just use the buy it now. Needless to say I'm not giving him any business. But they are good boards at a good price if you want to support a dink.

Dsub -

I'll concur with Phil....mastering the short carve is where the magic happens. Pretty hard to fool a short SL stick. You must have the proper balance, edging, pressure and much quicker reaction. It's not to say you can't be aggressive on a long board...but rather it's easier to be lazy.

Actually, riding both extremes makes the inbetween more enjoyable.....

I'll take some shots of the mystery boards this weekend. Not sure if you want a 170ish freeride or alpine board, but I have a 180ish Burton Supermodel and a 171 Rossi Levitation as part of the slow liquidation.....I'd hate to see how little these would get on ebay.

I bought 161 Oxygen LTD from the dude in Park City. I rode it for 1 hour. It's a nice board if you like REALLY turny SL boards...but it was a lil too soft for me. I thought there was a typo, but it actually had reverse taper (a la turny). But, a good board for someone who is aware of that. Lost my ass when I sold it as I had it stone ground and waxed it 5 times. It was shipped to my buyer in better condition than I rec'd it. Oh well, it's in happy hands in Chi town.

k

he's a total "dink"...and I have no idea how he makes any money on those boards

was thinkin the Shogun 170 but none have popped back up

yes...170ish freeride. 180 is a bit too big (I have an Oxy178 actually)...

maybe the Levitation?

and I promise...I will try a shorter SL board some time, ok?:)