Note to New Members ×

Not SNES/ SCES March 16/17 Mountain High

slopestar

Starting the thread for those of us unable to attend the Mammoth outing but would still like to get in some turns locally. I believe the current roll call is:

Slopestar/lance

George S./ George S.

MTB_DH11/ Shannon

no frills and hopefully only a few spills. Festivities included may be but are not limited to dashboard burritos and warm beer at the tailgate of my wagon. Possibly a $12 Bloody Mary après ski. Hope those of you that can't make the granddaddy can at least join us for some fun.

strictly a "run what ya' brung" event!

Edited by slopestar

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...! Looks like a one day event for us in So Cal. My good friend Nikki said she will shoot some photos for us. The local instructors will be looking on so bring your "A" game boys! I know Shannon and I will be up Saturday as well...

Edited by slopestar

Excellent! A photographer? The pressure is on to perform now. Lets just hope there is some snow left to carve on with the high temps this week. Also, we should be looking at doing an mid to late April/carpool/all-in/Mammoth trip. Leave Friday afternoon, board Saturday, board Sunday, home that night. I bet we can get a deal on lift tickets with a small group for that time of year. Who is in????? See you Saturday Lance!

"Wow!" 87 degrees in Valencia right now! Lance and George; should we bring snowboards or surfboards to Mtn. High this weekend? This heat can't be good for our snow. Although, it was 29 degrees on my drive in today. Sooooo, they can make snow at night, but I doubt they are this late in the season. No matter, I am still planning on making the most of the weekends boarding.

Anyone interested in my "Carpool to Mammoth in April" idea? Spring boarding/corn snow/mexican food/Mammoth-nothing better. We can pack into a Motel 6 room to keep lodging costs at a minimum.

Looks like I may be out for Sunday. The wife is having a fit that I want to go boarding and she wants to go to the beach. Mind you, I made plans to board a week ago and she decided she wants to go to the beach Tuesday night. Not sure how I am in trouble since she knew I already had plans, but that married life for you! Maybe still in, maybe out. Will know by Friday.

No, not dodging you for sure! I will check in with george and see what he wants to do. Hopefuly Saturday works for him. Yes, she is fired! I am not happy about this for sure and I think she gets that. Also, just checked Mtn. High's website and it is "65 degrees" up there! That is "not" good for the snow. Should be interesting to see what is left by Saturday morning. I may try and go Friday night just to get some non-crowded runs in on whatever runs still have snow. http://www.mthigh.com/trails-conditions/snow-report

Yes, steak and bee jay day....we will see if that gets me anywhere!

Anyone interested in my "Carpool to Mammoth in April" idea? Spring boarding/corn snow/mexican food/Mammoth-nothing better. We can pack into a Motel 6 room to keep lodging costs at a minimum.

I'll be heading up to Mammoth in mid April, for at least at least a week. Let me know when you all are going up.

Hey lance, great riding with you as well. I am still trying to get the video I took Saturday loaded on here. I did discover that the mount on my helmet for my Go Pro is a little loose. You can hear a constant clattering noise and the video is a tad bit wobbly. But, you still look fast. My legs were sooooo tired on Sunday. Not sure how you were even able to try on Sunday. Would have liked to ride with both you and George, but the legs had nothing to give. We got our monies worth on Saturday! I would like to also try and hit up Mammoth in April and May. Lets plan a group trip. Who is in?