Note to New Members ×

All you USS KittyHawk Hardbooters.

C5 Golfer

I saw the posts in Heard in Liftline II and see a couple of you are ex or current KittyHawkers. I am an ex Army Guy from the late 60's but after I got out in 1970 I went to work for a local Seattle company as a Mech Engineer and designed a message sorting machine that the Navy bought in the early 1970's and I had the pleasure of installing it and training the Navy guys since it was my baby so to speak. One of my first installs was aboard the KittyHawk in the Communications dept. Also had installs aboard the USS Ranger, Constellation, and a couple others. It was a great duty and a great job while it lasted. Got to ride the boats I mentioned above for several days at a time in Japan, Philippines, Mediterranean, Italy, Korea and of course the Pacific out of San Diego. Had the best trip I believe off the Coast of Oregon and Cal on the USS Ranger I believe, we had a pleasure of having a mock air attack by 4 US Navy aircraft all while the deck was fully populated by the auto, camper, SUV, and what have you since the boat was moving home base from Bremerton WA to San Diego. What a show and it was all commentated by the Head Cheese in the Tower over loud speakers for all to hear. I saw moves that popped my eyes out since some of these you can’t do at a public land show.

Anyway that was a long time ago and thanks for your service in the Navy all of you and keep up the good work.

:cool:

Originally posted by Sean

Hmmm... PN3 in the line shack? Get on the skipper's bad side? What time/squadrons were you in? I was a Cougar (VAQ-139) on the Indy when we did that Gulf thing for George the 1st, then did a turn as an IP in 129 before bailing for the reserves in 95. This thread is definitely taking a wierd turn...

Lol...No actually it was the CMC who was a YN that I pissed off. I started out in the line as an Airman, took the test for PN3, nearly aced it and didn't want to go to the office (Carpel Tunnel Release 6 months before on both wrists). My whole reason for taking the test was fast advancement to E-5 so I could cross over into the Army's CWO Helo pilot program. I ended up getting out in '96 after the CMC defrocked me for standing up for an E-5 friend of mine who he put in a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation. Both of us appealled to Board of Naval Corrections and won. My buddy chose to go back in (got promoted to E-6 and full back pay for the two years he was out) but I was tired of the BS so I decided to maintiain my inactive status. Most my time was spent with the Yellowjackets (VAQ-138). Went to the gulf with them in 93 for Southern Watch then went to 129 right after I got defrocked until I got out.

________

Kitchen Measures