Note to New Members ×

Just Ordered Some Springs for my Indys...

DrCR

After a reading a bunch of threads on RAB modding, I came across this thread a while back: Raichle AF 700 TS are to stiff. You may wish to take a look at it.

I talked with a guy from the Charlotte N.C. USA. division/whatever of Baumann Springs mentioned in the above thread. FYI the branch in Texas doesn't make the model numbers listed by Olaf, but the NC branch does. The guy on the phone said there is a minimum order based on price, not quantity, at $60USD. Not sure if the other divisions/branches of Baumann Spring around the world have a similar minimum purchase policy, but apparently not for the one Olaf ordered from, though there may have been one indeed, just not an issue with the number of springs he ordered.

Anyway, while Googling for a Baumann catalogue, I can across another company in the States called Diamondwire whose minimum purchase price was at $30USD for the spring I desired. I just ordered Model: DWC-081I-12.

The DWC-081I-12 compared to the softer stock. Stock measurement made by me via ruler.

DWC-081I-12

Outer Diameter (OD): 0.720"

Length: 2" (5.08cm)

Force: 37lbs. (151N)

Softer Stock

Outer Diameter (OD): 2cm (0.8125")

Length: 4.2cm (1.62")

Force: Rock Hard, but anyone know exactly? PM or post would you?

A little longer and a littler narrower than stock. Also, at 37lbs (151N) it's somewhat softer than Olaf's medium 170N (41.6 lbs) choice. Will find out in a few days how I like it "on carpet". FYI I had to buy four springs to meet the $30 minimum so let me know if anyone is interested in a pair.

DrCR

_________

Direct Link to spring:

http://www.diamondwire.com/cgi-bin/st_complist.cgi?cart_id=3205337_7471