Note to New Members ×

Tund up advice

Guest jeffnstefanie

Guest jeffnstefanie

I have read stories about boards being ruined by having them tuned up by someone that is not qualified to operate the equipment that they are standing in front of. I guess the question that I have is, can anyone recommend a good place to have my boards worked on? I am in the Southern New Hampshire area.

Also what should I be asking / telling the technician that is doing the work? Up until this point I have gone with the idea that if I don't say anything, I wont say anything stupid. I have looked into it on the web and found allot of talk about stone grinds and structure but when I get my board back from my local shop all I can see is wax, wax and more wax.

I would like to do some of it myself but I don't have the room at this time and I would appreciate any info that I can get

thanks

:confused:

Hey Jeff,

I would have to agree with Bob on the work that Mike D. at PTC does on boards. His attention to details is Second to none!

Again, Framingham is a little out of your way, but worth the trip.

The only other shop that has touched any of my alpine boards has been Egon Zimmerman in Nashua. Stephan is a real nice guy to deal with and the work that his shop does is very respectful.

Hope this helps

Jeff,

If you ride up north, see the guys at Village Ski & Snowboard in Lincoln, NH. They know their shiznit. Vince and the guys bought a Wintersteiger a couple of years ago, and will CUSTOM tune anything. For alpine, they're the only guys I trust. Vince says the racers from Holderness are in all the time.

check 'em out - http://www.villageskiandsport.com/

745-8852 also.

ps- a bunch of ride at Loon/Waterville everyweekend. give us a shout. It's good to see ManchV representing.