Note to New Members ×

upz fit guide and experiences

energyrail

• 1 month later...

Any resolution? You might want to consider custom insoles and liners. I have both, and now have barely any pain.

My feet measure 100mm wide max. In about the mid foot.

Some days my feet hurt for a few hours after I take them off.

But 75% of the time they are perfect. So if my feet were any wider I would need shell work.

I would like to ask a question.

I'm thinking of purchasing UPZ 24, I have size 25.5 feet with mid-wide toe box area (100mm).

The liner will be zipfit gara for lowest volume.

Have been using Raichle boos 24 with no problem.

Have anyone downsized UPZ boots? Does it work? Thanks!

I downsized two years ago, and it was the best decision I'd made in snowboarding.

Do a shell test if you can before you start down this path.

I then went with custom formed insoles and zipfit liners. The insoles are great. The zipfits are a mixed blessing. More comfortable than the stock liners, but much harder to get into, as the cork moves around when you are trying to get your feet into the boots. My latest strategy is to take the liners out of the boot, put the boot in walk mode, put liners on feet, then put liners+feet in boot. This works well. I've tried lots of other methods and this works best; and I've chosen to do this rather than revert to the stock liners.

I would like to ask a question.

I'm thinking of purchasing UPZ 24, I have size 25.5 feet with mid-wide toe box area (100mm).

The liner will be zipfit gara for lowest volume.

Have been using Raichle boos 24 with no problem.

Have anyone downsized UPZ boots? Does it work? Thanks!

My feet measured 27.0 and 26.8 at the beginning of this season. I'm in the 287mm shell, which according to the UPZ charts I've seen, is a 24.5-25.5. My heel is very low volume and I've got some significant toebox work done to the boot. There seems to be some common confusion about UPZ sizing, even to the point of the company charts not reflecting the same information as the boxes the boots come in. Not sure if this has to do with customer confusion, poor housekeeping on a distributor's part, or something going on in house. Do a search here and you'll find 4 or 5 recent threads covering the topic.