Note to New Members ×

Needs Good Basic Plates Please!

CruisingAlong

Hello does anyone have a set of old but good plate bindings that need a new home? My wife has a pair of Burton Step-In Carrier bindings, which are garbage(IMO), and I'd like to have her in some normal plate binding with the front toe lever and heel catch instead of the lose and dangerous way the current ones are. She borke both her wrists last time she was in these and one boot came out of the binding. Don't need that to happen again.

She currently has size 9.5 Burton Freecarve Boots.

Thanks

FYI-make sure you have those adjusted to "snap" into place. No reason she would have come out except for too loose, worn boot sole. Do hers have the metal base plate? If so, not a bad binding. You will have the same issue with a race plate if they are not tight enough when closing the toe piece or the boot soel has excessive wear.

I adjusted them as tight as would still allow the "step-in" function to still work. They are unfortunately the all plastic model. The Toe version of plate just seem to hold better. So a nice all metal plate or at least some metal with a good toe clamp would be best. I believe I started on the Burton Race Plates. Never had a problem with them.

I have several pair of Bomber TD1 standard bindings. I can offer them for 115$ including shipping via USPS Priority Mail.

Paypal "Gift" or add 3.2% to the total. I am pretty sure I have any cant configuration you might want, this would need confirmation. Photos can be provided , however, it will cause a delay of a day or two.

They are super stiff, burly bindings in good shape. Perhaps not ideal for a lighter rider? I want to make sure you know what you want. Bryan

In shopping for bindings you will want to specify:

3 or 4 hole

flex

boot size

canting

please contact me through the BOL PM system for more info.

Thanks both for the offers. We're looking over info on both and my wife may switch from her Burton Freecarves to trying her ski boots instead as the Freecarves are way too free flexing after 10+ years. So we may want to go with the Catek for ski boot use due to more options for adjustment of cant and such. She met up at the mountain today here in Montana with some pros at the WTF13 event, so we'll see how it goes. Last I heard she was riding on someone race board. Which I never even got to do!!!

Thanks both for the offers. We're looking over info on both and my wife may switch from her Burton Freecarves to trying her ski boots instead as the Freecarves are way too free flexing after 10+ years. So we may want to go with the Catek for ski boot use due to more options for adjustment of cant and such. She met up at the mountain today here in Montana with some pros at the WTF13 event, so we'll see how it goes. Last I heard she was riding on someone race board. Which I never even got to do!!!

This is great news!! The BEST! Alpine riders are so cool :) My guess is the info they passed along was pretty helpful and will help get you both stoked again.

Please keep us updated. *Stay in touch with your local riders too* Bryan