Note to New Members ×

pure curiousity, I saw 2 carvers at snow summit today 1/14...

tjones

we were spending most of our day off chair 9, then after lunch (around 1 or so) going down summit/miracle mile... done by around 3:30. snow was really nice all day even towards the end on miracle and summit, i was surprised, normally it gets super bumpy and tracked out. Been boarding for a few years now, but only hardbooting for a little over 1. so I'm taking my time avoiding super steep stuff, trying to clean up my technique before i do something bad and wreck myself hitting steeps lol. Still not used to the crazy speed hard boot boards build the second you point them down the hill... and i think i'm missing something in my technique preventing me from really railing the turns so trying to work it out on slopes that are not too crazy. :)

I was riding my donek axxess 172. if I'm up there it shouldn't be too hard to spot me since my helmet has 2 saw blade looking rubber mohawks on it now lol :)

and i think i'm missing something in my technique preventing me from really railing the turns so trying to work it out on slopes that are not too crazy. :)

Ah yeah I know how you feel. If you take a video I could probably help you out or some of the other guys here.

I was riding my donek axxess 172. if I'm up there it shouldn't be too hard to spot me since my helmet has 2 saw blade looking rubber mohawks on it now lol :)

Oh nice haha I will look for you if you are up here again. I always chase down the hardbooters when I see them :P

yeah at some point my friends will help me get some vid of my riding... I'm fairly certain that's going to be enlightening... Frankly I think a lot of it is simply hesitation... I am still in complete disbelief when I pull the occasional face near the snow heavy carve and somehow come out of it standing... *laughs* still used to "regular" carving... not going much more than 30-40 degrees... so the huge level of faith required to push past the 40 degree mark on a regular basis is... still building. *laughs*