Note to New Members ×

Camelback 12-13

Just to make sure everyone around here knows about this:

http://www.skicamelback.com/Tickets-and-Passes/Season-Passes.aspx

Right now camelback is offering their value pass for $200. I think the offer expires October 31, but they may extend it - who knows. I got the pass last year and learned a lot about this mountain that I previously knew nothing about (other than it was crowded and expensive).

The pass works all week/all day, and only after 3pm on saturday/sunday. This actually works out very well because on the weekends, around 5pm, the mountain starts to clear out. There are a few runs that are also pretty much neglected by everyone else that are great intermediate runs, and one double black (really like a single black) that is really wide with a great slope.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: With the pass, you get "free" access to the terrain park, which to us is "meh" but actually is pretty awesome b/c on most nights there is a slope you can only get to with a terrain park pass, and, of course, everyone with the pass is doing the park so the run is virtually empty (they shut down the main chairlift going to the slope). Along the same vein, the park/jump/rail run isn't usually completed until about a month or so into the season so for a while you have a clear run that noone is interested in b/c there's no features! On many a crowded night, my friends and I would be the only carvers on a few runs because most people don't want to pay for the park pass. Parking is also a lot better than at blue. The terrain isn't super challenging but for me, personally, I prefer an easier run with no people than a harder run where I have to look over my shoulder at every heel/toe switch.

anyways this was kind of rambling :nono:but with the deadline approaching I thought I'd give everyone the heads-up.

GRANTED - if I could choose blue vs. camelback on a weekday with noone there, I would probably choose blue for its variety. But if you hate crowds :boxing_smand you're a weekend rider :o, seriously consider making the switch

:biggthump