Note to New Members ×

Nidecker carbon softboot bindings

Not aiming at beating dead horses, but I really need you input:

I have ordered my custom Coiler softy (regards, Bruce!), so now I need the matching softboots bindings.

Reading on BOL and some other sources, seems Nidecker Carbon would be the way to go.

But.... Which model?

Carbon Act?

Carbon Legend?

Carbon Legend Limited?

What are the differences and what would you guys recommend for a nice carving?

I have found a pair and I don't want to make any mistake, before hauling them over Atlantic and half of Europe ;)

P.S. flames over the softboots expected ;)

Thanks for input!

Not aiming at beating dead horses, but I really need you input:

I have ordered my custom Coiler softy (regards, Bruce!), so now I need the matching softboots bindings.

Reading on BOL and some other sources, seems Nidecker Carbon would be the way to go.

But.... Which model?

Carbon Act?

Carbon Legend?

Carbon Legend Limited?

What are the differences and what would you guys recommend for a nice carving?

I have found a pair and I don't want to make any mistake, before hauling them over Atlantic and half of Europe ;)

P.S. flames over the softboots expected ;)

Thanks for input!

The Act models are newer (design-wise), slimmer and lighter. I like them a lot. The only downside is that you cannot rotate the highback. I have the Legend Limiteds as well, but have not tried them yet. They (Legends) have an option for an asym highback--so make sure you specify if you want that or not. Overall, I would go with the Acts. The Legend series is burly but has the old-style dampening pad on the bottom that never seems to sit right. The Act series solved that probem and is an overall improved package.

Thanks for input! Whish you have used the Legends, for a more extended review :(

Seems I have to choose between Legend LTD which has adjustable highbacks but is an older version or ACT CARBON which is newer and improved but lacks the adjustability of the highbacks...

I really need to rotate to highbacks for my angles on the board (think 55/40), so I am still in fog :(

Help!!!

Also, I'd do yourself a favor and consider Burtons one last time. (Maybe email Bobdea on this site--he seems to like Burton softboot stuff.) I don't know much about them except that they are very common on the BX circuit and considered some of the stiffer offerings out there. You could also likely find a pair much closer and for cheaper! And parts would be easier to find too. I seem to remember that the C60 was rated highly? Take your time--winter is still a few months away!

I only say this so you don't miss out on something possibly good due to my bias for Nideckers.

• 2 weeks later...