Note to New Members ×

Mt. Batchelor Race Camp - 6/19-6/29

Chris Karol

Hello Bomber Community;

Mt. Batchelor still has lots of snow and will be open for Teams to come and train next month. The mountain will not be open to the public during this time.

I am looking for a few more riders to attend this training camp so I can lower the cost for those who have already expressed interest.

It will be a small group of 8 riders max, but at 8 riders the cost is quite reasonable. I currently have 4 riders who would like to participate.

The camp is open to ages 13 and up. Prior racing experience not required, but would like riders to have at least intermediate ability to participate

Apologies for the last minute timing of this post but If anyone is interested please contact me by email asap. (I am currently in Europe and not using my phone) My email address is; chris@fastsnowboarding.com

CAMP DETAILS;

FAST Snowboarding Training Camp with Chris Karol (Alpine Race training with Gates, Timing & Video)

DATES: June 19-29

ARRIVAL on the 18th (3:00pm at the latest to Portland or 7:00pm at the latest to Redmond or Sunriver)

DEPARTURE late afternoon on the 29th (after 5:00pm from Portland or after 2:00pm from Redmond or Sunriver)

WEEKLY SCHEDULE & TRAINING PLAN (GS = Giant Slalom / SL = Slalom)

ON-SNOW DAYS: 6/19 - GS, 6/20- GS, 6/21-SL, 6/23-GS, 6/24-SL, 6/25-SL, 6/27-GS, 6/28-GS, 6/29-SL

REST DAYS; 6/22 and 6/26

DAILY SCHEDULE

5:45AM Wake-up & Breakfast

6:30AM Depart team house for Mt. Batchelor

6:45AM to 8:45AM Breakfast available in Lodge ($10 NOT included in camp price)

7:15AM Lifts open for coaches and set up crew

7:30AM Lifts open for athletes

12:45PM Last chair up

11:30AM to 1:00PM Lunch available in Lodge (included in camp price)

1:15PM Mountain cleared by Patrol

1:30PM Daily coaches meeting

3:00PM-6:00PM Tuning and Video review (done in rotation at team house)

6:30PM Dinner Prepared at team house by athletes (Dinner not included in camp cost)

LOCKERS/WI-FI STATIONS

Mt Batchelor has lockers and Wi-Fi available in their employee sprung. Teams can use the lockers for storage and utilize the space for tuning equipment and internet access, if needed. Locks provided. ($10.00 lock fee for unreturned/damaged locks).

LODGING

House rental in Bend, nicely furnished, sleeps up to 10, Dining room sits 8 + 3-4 bar stools, double car garage for tuning (photos of house available by request)

PRICING

Includes Lodging, 9 Days of Lift Tickets, Lane Space Coaching, Lunch on Training days (lunch not included on rest days), Daily Transportation to-and-from the hill and Airport Pickup and drop-off at Portland International Airport on June 18th and 30th. Airport pick-up and drop-off is also available at Redmond and Sunriver airports by request.

Final price depends on the number of athletes attending as follows. (pricing is per-athlete)

4 athletes = $2500

5 athletes = $2100

6 athletes = $1800

7 athletes = $1700

8 athletes = $1600

If interested please let me know what your price limit is so I can determine if there will be enough riders to pull the camp off at that price. If I am able to get enough riders at a given price level I will have to have partial if not full payment made asap in order to confirm lodging and hillspace. I will not accept any payment for the camp until I have enough riders confirmed at an acceptable price level.

Contact; chris@fastsnowboarding.com

Would love to go, but being a poor engineering student at the present time isn't allowing me to do race training compared to the yesteryears of my racing days with Team Copper training.

However, I certainly hope by the time I get around to make the dollars roll in, I'd be able to return to racing, but in Masters category.

Hi Chris, great to see you will hopefully be back at Mt Bachelor!! I know you have some good memories there.

Do you have rates for the local riders that want to participate? I am on the injured list currently , however , I am sure

there are some PNW riders that would love to join in.

To my snow bros in the area. Riding with, gaining access to a champion like Chris is a real pleasure and a chance to step up your skills in short order. He is a RIPPER of the highest order and a pretty cool dude too boot!!

Thanks Brian, sorry to hear you are on the AIL, I can definitely work out a local price minus the lodging expense but will first have to see if there are enough riders to make a go of it.

If anyone in the Bend area would be willing to house a few athletes for the camp at a reasonable price that could also help bring the cost down to an affordable level and make it possible for the 4 athletes currently wanting to attend.

Heal up quick and solid!