Note to New Members ×

Cool EC video

Gcarve

I have too many problems with this video to list. For one thing at the beginning he gestures that you shouldn't rotate at the waist. But then that is exactly what he does. Also I really don't like the tail initiation. If he's having fun then great, but this technique will not help you when it's icy.

I can't really comment on technique.... heck, what do I know? but I will say this.... that guy makes it look easy! and the thing that really gets me, is that it doesn't look like he is going that fast.... I do like what I call "slow motion" carves.....

Hello, guys!

Thanks for watching and discussing our videos!

Gcarve, here is the original clip (in better quality) created by Velvet.Pro team:

and here is the "slow-motion" bonus :D

Some words from the author (BEN):

"Jack, tail initiation works well on icy slopes on moderate speed.

First video is just for educational purposes only."

Edited by au@

Tail initiation makes the first part of your turn the widest, which is in my opinion is the opposite of what's appropriate, irrespective of conditions or speed. I break up the turn into thirds- Before the fall line, fall line, and after the fall line..Before the fall line is the grippiest because you're only gripping against centripetal force, not gravity. Why not take advantage of that and get all your tight turning done when it's easiest?