Note to New Members ×

Looking for Racing Literature

Guest atamme

I am looking for information, how to's, course set-up, tips, tricks and tid bits about snowboard racing, the alpine kind, SL, SG & GS. Does anyone know of any books, magzines, scholarly journals, web articles or online rants etc.. that cover topics within this realm?

I am an unfortunate recent CO to CT transfer and don't have access to a well versed coaching staff (palabra to Chuck Bolden & Eldora). In fact the tables have turned, I am now a volunteer coach with the Killington Snowboard team, i.e. diggin' out starting gates in exchange for some hill time. Anyrate, I want to expand my knowledge upstairs in order to help the body and the board hurt the snow and haven't been fruitful in my own search.

A.

Post Script. If there is anyone out there that is interested in helping to Killington team become more than jib monkeys, let me know, I would like to help the group grow thier Alpine program.

Guest Randy S.

If you join the USSA you get a competition guide. That gives you the technical info. I think you can also get the guide in pdf format off their site.

You might want to try tracking down Anton Pogue. He's over at Waterville coaching a kid there this season. I suspect he might have some time to help. Its not that far from Waterville to Killington. I'm sure Anton could use a few $ in added income if its available.

Good luck.