Note to New Members ×

02 Burton Speed 178's

Guest NOOOSHBOMB

Guest NOOOSHBOMB

I have two 02 Burton Speed 178's. Both are Beta Version blue top sheet decks. Both are race tuned with super flat base grinds, med cross world cup structures, Indium Base, 1 degree base bevel, 3 degree side bevel and stock specs; 1580 Running Length, 1607.5 EE, 200 Waist, 22 Sidecut Depth and 14.2 Sidecut Radius. These are sick race boards that have been used for GS training maybe 12-15 days. One of the two has some slight cosmetic damage to the edge on the center of the nose, I hit the start house by accident. The damage is a slight dent to the edge and is purely cosmetic and easily fixable but won't affect the performance at all. These boards are sick and except for the dent like new. They have been kept in immaculate condition. Looking for $150 for the damaged deck and $175 for the other. Any questions please email at noooshbomb@aol.com.

Guest NOOOSHBOMB

Hey Marc, your email doesn't work? Maybe you could give me the correct email so I can send you those pics. Also, to save you the grief, Burton only produces boards with a 3 hole pattern. For anyone interested, one of the Speed decks has already sold so only one left.

Originally posted by jawfxr

Sorry. Jawfxr@comcast.net not com. I thought that burton made a new board with 4 I must be mistaken. So I'm relagated to burton binders! And I've got cateks and TD2's. I've read good reviews about the 178. Didnt know it had 20 waist. Send the pics anyway maybe I'll have a go at new binders.

thanks.

the catek disk fits 3 hole, dunnit? and you can buy 3 hole disks for bomber, so you dont have to use burton if you dont want to.

those speeds look pretty fun actually!

Hey D-Sub, I just took a look at the catek plate and I'm guessing that the 5th set of holes that run down the middle could be 3rd position but I haven't seen cateks on burton so if you've seen this or are familiar with the issue I'd really appreciate the insight. And thanks for the info on the TD2's,...didn't know.

Thanks,

Marc

looking at the new olympics that sure looks like what the extra set of holes are for!

I could be wrong?

nope:

"The Disk Kit is 4x4 and 3-hole compatible and includes 2 Discs, 2 Elastomer Rings, 2 Spherical Nuts, Mounting Screws, and a CATEK Decal. Everything you need to mount up additional boards."

from the catek site. RTFM baby!

:)

• 2 weeks later...