Note to New Members ×

Looking for possible ride/rider for or around SES

jim_stoll

I'm an east-coaster planning to be out in CO for a few days of riding/carving in the Summit/Dillon area in Feb. I'd been planning to come out and ride from around Feb 4 - Feb 8/9, but just learned about SES '05 being the following week - it sounds truly awesome - in my 13 years of alpine boarding, I've never _once_ had the opportunity to ride w/ another alpine rider - it'd be great to ride w/ some others for the fun of it and to pick up some new skills!

When I come out, I'll be staying in Dillon w/ a relative-in-law, so am kind of committed to staying there, but:

#1, how far is Aspen from Dillon?

#2, is there anyone from Dillon that will be going out to SES for a day trip? (ie, that I could catch a ride out/back with - I'd spring for gas!) and/or is there a shuttle?

#3, failing my ability to make it out for any part of SES, is there anyone in the Dillon/Summit area who'd like to meet up for some riding during the weekend/week before SES? I would be _thrilled_ to find another alpine boarder to ride with, even for a little while! My current plan is to ride Copper (I bought a FourPass in advance), but I could be convinced to ride elsewhere for a day if it meant some carving companionship! :-)

Thanks Much,

Jim