Note to New Members ×

goltes snowboards

Guest kriss

They had the race model for a long time. The full carbonfiber topsheet along with 4000 base, combined with my favorite scr (12m in 175) really tempted me to buy one of these a while ago, but it seems like no one can tell anything about these boards and 570$ is a pretty stip price to "just try it". I'd buy it if it was in 300$ range,..well...guess it won't be.

Sorry I didn't add anything usefull to your post

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Some people asked about Goltes snowboards from Slovenia that can also be ordered from UPZ american distributer.

I tested their new model PRO CARVE, 175cm length with 12m sidecut radius last week in Zinal. I must say that it is a very good board, good edgegrip, without unwanted vibrations affecting the curve, stable at high speeds, good edge to edge transfer and just the right sidecut radious to make it easy to carve also on narrower pistes as well as laying down on wider sections of the slope. I was indeed very happy with the board and I think it will be my new selection. I recommend and I hope I helped a bit.

Bye,

TrDi

Yep, it is a few € less than 450€. But I think it's well worth it. As much as I've heard from other people testing and riding it, all of them also had only good things to say about the board.

Bye,

TrDi

Guest chillaxin.nl

Until you use the board for slalom purposes. It does not have enough snap and rebound compared to Tomahawk or F2 Speedster and the edge-to-edge is not that quick. For freeriding it's a good board though....

I don't use it for slalom. I don't race at all. I love agressive carving though, and for that purpose I think it works very well. For that, no particular snap is needed and edge grip and stability is more important than edge to edge, although the latter is in my opinion very good as well.

But note - last year's top alpine board made by Goltes was Pro Race and this years Pro Carve is a new board and although they look the same, they ride quite a bit differently! Pro race was more of a race board as Pro carve is more of a carving machine as the names already indicate...

Bye,

TrDi

Originally posted by chillaxin.nl

Until you use the board for slalom purposes. It does not have enough snap and rebound compared to Tomahawk or F2 Speedster and the edge-to-edge is not that quick. For freeriding it's a good board though....

That reminds me. Does Madd 158 even come close to Tomahawk/F2 Speedster as in par for Slalom racing?