Note to New Members ×

Interested in a Swoard 168 M flex or Kessler Cross

grobm

I am looking for a perfect carving Snowboard. Is anyone interested in parting with their Swoard or Kessler Cross?

I am 175 pounds and about 5 ft 9 inches.

I normally ride a F2 RS 184 inch, but I am looking for a more carve tool board.

My F2 is frustrating to ride in Crowds, it likes to go fast. Looking for a board to slalom between the sitting snowboards and ski crashing moms.

-Mark

Never got round to trying the Kessler Cross past week, but was spending plenty of time on the Swoard. It has a very reliable edge grip and is a true hard boot board unlike the Cross that is mainly ridden on soft boots. It is still perfectly possible to carve on the Cross though (seeing what the other soft booters did...) The swoard has a reasonably small sidecut radius (12-13m, I recall). This makes it nimbler than you would expect. They are also reasonably soft which means that they are far more forgiving to ride than something like the F2 RS you mentioned. With the extra width of the swoard, you can ride less agressive binding angles that make the carving more relaxed. It is a very fine board that is built to exceptional quality at a reasonable price, compared to the Kessler. I did take out the 185 Kessler on our carving camp and it was absolutely breathtaking. With the sidecut on the 185, nothing but open pistes is enjoyable for freecarving.