Note to New Members ×

GS and SL race in north central WA

arcing

Hey all, wanted to get the word out about our alpine snowboard races early next month. We will be hosting individual GS and SL races February 4 and 5th at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl. www.skitheloup.com. Our race is part of the USASA Inland Northwest Series - here is a link to this years schedule http://www.usasa.org/events/event-schedules/regional-event-schedules.html Attached is a flier schedule as well.

We are a kids racing team in our second year. Check us out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Loup-Snowboard-Team/132664023495093

Any questions about the race, contact Gene Shull at loupsnowboardteam@gmail.com or (509) 996-4013 or Nick Morgan with USASA at nick.inlandnwseries@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

post-9156-141842357112_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Gene and Nick, as well as to the Loup crew who put on a fine event on a great little hill (1240' of vert, mostly pretty steep - a little hill by Western standards). The Loup is operated by a nonprofit community foundation, and the vibe there is about as pleasant as it gets anywhere. The run was beautifully groomed, the courses were long and well-set in good firm snow, the timing worked flawlessly (AFAIK), the weather was cold and clear and the cafe food was quintessential ski lodge cafe food. The lift tickets were even half price on Super Sunday.

Some highlights of the racing: Jaymin Morgan with the fast times for both GS and SL; Isabella Gomez, moving up to the 10-11yr age group and looking ready to take another National title, and Paisley Flowers, navigating the courses upright and in control at age 3-1/2 (and Daddy Ben dominated the Masters)! I don't have all the results, but I believe Loup Loup team racers won a number of the classes and impressed everyone with their skills, attitude and general class.

Maybe Nick could post the results sheets here so all the racers could see the detail. I'm (slowly) uploading HD video of some of the slalom heats to my Smugmug site and will post a link to it here when done.

Well done, USASA and Loup Loup!

Here's a link to the gallery of my videos. Nothing fancy but some of the racers might like to see themselves in action. Sorry I didn't get everyone (I got 41, 85, 55, 32, 81, 93, 21, 89, 63, 56, 86, and 950. Mouse over the thumbnails to see the racer number. A few remain to be uploaded so check back if you don't find yours yet. I also have some stills to upload yet. Who was the other photographer and how can I contact him?

http://eaud.smugmug.com/Other/LoupLoup12/21350049_WzmB7L