Note to New Members ×

Pic on MC website

jtslalom

Yeah Ken, evidently I got some crazy feedback on MountainCreeks facebook page about those angled bindings. It's funny how some snowboarders will criticize some things they know nothing about.

Probably because you can see only one binding in the picture they all assume that is the front foot of a duck stance.

I read the posts on FB. not so bad. That's why we need a video of you riding. We could have posted that in the responses :)

I liked that one post about those bindings that would straighten out once you were ready to ride. Once, a million years ago, I saw a pair on the Cab at MC.

I actually stopped by Saturday night for a few runs. Oh, did it suck. Slow, sticky, micro bumps everywhere. It was horrible. Zero G was "fascinating". :D Did one run and then just hiked the beginner lift once for exercise then went home. But on way home I stopped by Outkast and got a new pair of riding pants from Kevin :biggthump

Yeah Puddy Tat, I didn't even think about that. You're probably right though, I'm sure the guy thinks that is some crazy duck stance. In that case I can see why people would react that way.

Hey Ken, Kevin is a pretty cool guy at Outkast. He is a long time rider who can carve a good line. He used to be involved in the snowboard race training program years ago. There was a dedicated group of them up until Mountain Creek ended it. From what I was told on the chairlift from one of the race coaches, they are planning to start anopther snow board race team. I'm sure its just "talk" but it would be nice to see people hitting gates on snowboards.

I rode today (Sunday 1/22) from 8:00 am until 10:00 am and once again I got the first chair up. The conditions were EPIC. It was incredible hero snow. Carving was absolutely fantastic. I rode with my nephew Kevin, Joe (cafercr), and his nephew John. Great riding!

The conditions were EPIC. It was incredible hero snow. Carving was absolutely fantastic. I rode with my nephew Kevin, Joe (cafercr), and his nephew John. Great riding!

oh damn ... I missed out so bad today !

"epic" :mad:

btw, I was in that snowboard race training class the last season it was taught at MC. i did in softboots but purchased my Winds and Alp as soon as it ended. but by next season it was all over. we used to get a reserved slope, once a week, and Kevin set out cones. MC has a lot of slopes suitable for snowboard slalom. not so for skis. I think JT would be a great instructor ! And I'm sure Kevin would make guest appearances. of course, I will demand ONE CONE be placed downslope of the course, at a point we are back up to 30 mph why ?? lol

saw you ripping down the slopes on Sunday down towards the gondola. was surprised to notice you were in soft boots.

did see a few carvers early last Sunday morning, was kicking myself for not bringing my Alpine board (old Rossignol VAS) then, conditions couldn't be much better then. hope to ride with you guys sometime.

mel

oh and the comments on the MC FB page are hilarious!

Hey Sharples,

Try to post the next time you go to MC. It would be nice to carve some turns with you again. Don't be to surprised that I am in soft boots. I haven't ridden a carving deck on plates in about seven years. Hope you don't mind riding with a soft booter. Hope to see you there.

Hey Ken I think I may have ridden with you during that last year of training at Mountain Creek. I trained with that group a few times during that last year when they were running gates down Kamakaze. I may have been in hard boots then. I forgot that you were part of that group.