Note to New Members ×

Burton boot question

Dave*

Just snagged a pair of new burton furnace boots that look to be late 1990s vintage (bright red non translucent, fluro yellow liner, non intec heel)

How well does this shell material take to a little shell expansion in the toe box area, does this shell crack as readily as the old translucent blue winds,

thanx

dave*

The old red furnace's are the best boot Burton made. They don't crack nearly as easy as the clearer winds and fires. As with all boots if you are going to heat expand and area of the shell, make sure you know what you are doing, or have someone help who knows what they are doing.

I had a pair of the old red furnaces for 3 years as well. Loved em, but I too pulled the rivet through. nice and stiff, and I really don't like the plastic ratchet system on the Raichle/Deeluxe, so for now I'm sticking with Burton. I also have very narrow feet so they fit me better. I would suggest a replacement liner, as the Burton ones seem to pack alot after a while.