Note to New Members ×

upgrading from a F2 Silberfeil

Sharkey

I have an older F2 SF, probably purchased in 04/05. It's a 168. I have enjoyed the board, but as I progress I find it to be a little too short/soft. I get over the front more than I care to, and on harder snow I don't feel I have the edge hold I should. I live in Michigan and find the sidecut and the turns the board likes to make to be fun and acceptable.

That said, what might a good next step be? the Donek Freecarve metal in a 171 looks like a nice step up and may be a better option for certain days. I weigh about 195# in street clothes. I would say i'm an average carver and am fairly light on my feet.... i think. :rolleyes:

what might a good next step be? the Donek Freecarve metal in a 171 looks like a nice step up and may be a better option for certain days.

Go to the Carve Specific Board Review section and read my review of my Donek Metal FC 171. It's an amazing board. Call Sean at Donek and he'll talk to you about your needs, then make a custom board for ya!