Note to New Members ×

A very guilty Labrador - text from "Just Labs" magazine

Pat Donnelly

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD height=158 vAlign=top width=500>jlheader.gif

</TD><TD id=advertisement vAlign=top rowSpan=3>JL-Hats-ad.png</TD></TR><TR><TD>

Pass Along JL

June 2011

A Very Guilty Labrador

by Jill SwanDenver_611.jpg

"Someone... got into the kitty cat treats," narrates a male voice as the camera focuses on a ripped open plastic package lying on the carpet. Solemn music, like what you would hear when entering an Old West saloon, drifts in melancholy waves in the background. The investigation begins. The camera pans over to the first suspect, a golden retriever named Masey. "Let's see your face. Did you do this?" asks the voice. Masey is as cool and ambivalent as John Wayne in "True Grit" and even resembles him with the red bandana that's tied around her neck. Her face is a blank slate, though her eyes seem to reveal some annoyance at the interrogation.

Then the camera is directed on a yellow Lab with a softly wagging tail. She is sitting by a wooden door. "Denver, did you do this?" the voice inquires. She bows her head and does her best to avoid making eye contact. Her ears are slightly tugged back and her posture hunched. The corners of her mouth pull back into a ple ading grin, begging for clemency. The voice of Mali Vujanic tells her to go to her kennel for a time out, and she slinks off into another room.

"I wasn't supposed to be home," recalls Mali. "While I was there I thought that I needed to get a video of this." Then it was back to work. It wasn't until the evening when dinner was through and the kids were settling down that Mali reviewed the video again. Thinking it was pretty funny, he decided to upload it to his YouTube channel to show friends.

In case you've been living under a rock the past few months, "Denver the Guilty Dog" is one of the most popular videos on the Internet. When this article went to press it had over 9.3 million views.ender.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>