Note to New Members ×

WINTER PARK Conditions check

Sharkey

Hey guys, Heading out to WP end of next week for spring break. I'm just wondering what conditions are like this time of year. Typically in the past we have skied the summit county area, which could be spring skiing and warm or even 6-8" of fresh stuff any given day. Just curious! We just spent a few days at Jackson Hole and it was "unseasonably" warm while we were there. 2 days later they got like 17" in one day! :mad:

PM Snowman or WPcarver. not sure how often they check in here. I would be surprised if they haven't been out lately.

from talking to the wife, it sounds like it has been warm there too with snow falling regularly. I am hoping to be back there in a few weeks (haven't been there since early feb).

Was out at WP last weekend, conditions were good, getting a little icy in the early morn, a little slushy in afternoon. Just got 10" the last two days, supposed to be a few inches tonight, and some potential big dumps over the next week. Temps been pretty variable from mid 20's to high 40's.

http://www.snowforecast.com/WinterParkResort

BTW, the Loveland Carving Session is Sunday, April 3rd. If you have transportation, you should go, lots of carvers, lots of fun, only about 45 - 60 minutes from WP, might even be able to find someone to hitch a ride from.

That sounds about like I expected. I can't go to Loveland because i'll be out there with a few others, but someday I want to meet up out there. I will likely bring my board, but probably won't use it much. My Line Prophets are too much fun out there.