Note to New Members ×

old school dynastar race board..anyone know anything about it?

hoffmac11

so just like the title says, has anyone ever heard, or seen this thing before?? its basically been passed from one friend to the next, cause no one could ride it..so its really still in perfect condition, since its probably only gone down the mountain less than 30 times..i recently pulled it out of the closet and said what the hell..i did some research on how to ride a alpine board, and i actually had a pretty good time on it..my toe side carves were working just fine, but my heel side had a tendency to push my back foot out and slip out..probably more technique than anything..but it definitely sparked my interest in alpine boards, so now im looking for something a few years newer! ha..

anyways, here some specs i got from measuring it..

length: 163

Width: 22.8

and it weighs a ton..it takes no time to get speed on this beast.

plus check out those bindings!! you cant see it from the pics, but there all adjustable on the fly..ie i can change the angle of the boots without even unstrapping! and i can also adjust(i believe its called) the cant on them with a allen..and it has 4 springs in each binding to help i assume absorb the terrain

so if anyone has any info, let me know!! cause ive searched and searched and found nothing..i think it was made well before the 'Internet' was even a word

post-10767-141842340739_thumb.jpg

post-10767-141842340741_thumb.jpg

That is a Dynastar course which was made by Dynastar. I think I demoed one back in the early 90's. I dont know what kind of bindings those are altthough they look like a binding that might have been on Checker pig boards? Be careful with those old bindings as they might break as the plastic in them is old and can get brittle. The board I demoed was yellow instead of red.

Very cool board. I don't have anything to add about that particular board. I wanted to share a picture of a course I have. I think it is a '93 model, asym. Yours appears to be older. Boards have gotten quite a bit better since then. Do yourself a favor and buy something current. But it's nice to have a piece of history and appreciate how far the sport has come.

post-8629-141842341095_thumb.jpg