Note to New Members ×

Soft boot/flat stance carving clinic at SES?

Guest Mark Jeangerard

Guest Mark Jeangerard

Anyone interested? I have been working on carving your typical freestyle setup and find it very intriguing. The flat stance is really cool because a good deal of your focus is in the ankles, something we think very little about with the plate system. The knowledge attained transfers very well to the hard boots, but would be hard to teach in the stiffer setup.

I have devloped a progression while teaching the grommets at my local to ride with style and control. Our mountain is littered with trenches now, and sometimes the only way you can tell whether it was carver or bonker is by looking at the transfer width of the track - even then it can be hard to know for sure. It would be interesting to me to bring these ideas to people already adept at carving the hard setup.

I'll be bringing my soft/flat just in case we get 30 inches of fresh one night. Price of admission is your presence. We'd just have to find the right time to not interfere with any other activities. (Late in the day when the thighs are gone might be good. We can snack and ride. I like snacks.)