Note to New Members ×

Carving on Thanksgiving

C5 Golfer

I will be a carver today on a fairly large mountain of turkey breast, thighs and leg. My current set up is a 200mm knife with a waist width of 50mm and a fairly large side cut radius. Sharpened just this morning for the ride. I apply no wax and so there is no need to scrape the blade. First run, I usually lean a bit to the left and take a long straight shot down to Wing Ravine bottoming out on Boney Joint. After leaving this deep trench I proceed back to the peak marveling at my fine handiwork down virgin corduroy of white stuff. Enjoying the ride I take the same approach staying left of my original tracks, set the edge and plow deep into the side of this 80 degree slope trying not to get the edge to slip out and crash into my first tracks. After many runs down my favorite hill I take off to the All Terrain Park where I meet Double Diamond runs of Turkey Leg and Thigh Burn. I find I have no trouble as I test the fresh tough crust left from this morning’s heat. But, once I break thru this stuff I find “railing” on the Leg run to be a bit tricky and finally give up by breaking a leg and tearing its ligaments and placing it on the Food Toboggan for its final ride to the Lodge. As I take on Thigh Burn I find I need an All Mountain blade that is a little shorter and bit wider waist width. I believe this floats thru the intertwined Muscle Runs of this lower Mountain Cap. I have now shredded the mountain to its lowest possible choice pieces and layer these appropriately onto the Food Toboggan. I rest after many difficult turns and deep carves, I call for help and Turkey Patrol arrives and slowly guides our Brave Donor to the Lodge where it is met by those dressed for the Carve Day.

Have a great day.

:D

yea. as i was done with snowmaking at vail (graveyard shift), i was sitting in the truck overseeing born free run. saw a carver. boy he wiped out but made a save before he skyrocketted off the edge of the trail. whoever is that guy, keep it up. you'll get it dialed in. i wipe out occasionally and end up wiping off my snot.

Originally posted by C5 Golfer

I rest after many difficult turns and deep carves, I call for help and Turkey Patrol arrives and slowly guides our Brave Donor to the Lodge where it is met by those dressed for the Carve Day.

Have a great day.

:D

that was so cute.

happy t-day all :)