Note to New Members ×

Phresheez - GPS tracking/sharing of runs

Flashby

have been struggling to decide what to replace my winmo 6 phone with. wonder if i can get a droid before my next day on snow...

I love my new Motorola Defy with T-Mobile. Everyone has their opinions but I suggest doing a lot of research before you get a new "smart" phone. I didn't want to switch carriers which is why I didn't go Apple. I got rid of my old Blackberry Pearl for the Defy instead of sticking with Blackberry because I like the Android system.

With that said, there is a TON of stuff out there that you will want to read about regarding how to best use the Android system, if you go that way.

Anyway, I started using "My Tracks" by the Google team since it is free and does not ask for a bunch of permissions like grabbing my contact data and reading my phone calls. I have come to my own conclusion that I bet a lot of devs out there can make money by letting you install a free app, grabbing a ton of info from you, and then selling it to 3rd parties. That is why I look at the permissions before I install it. Having said that, My Tracks is much more simple but it tracks very accurately and is very simple to use.

Phresheez looked nifty but I wanted to hold off and try some other tracking things before buying it.