Note to New Members ×

What's up with the Burton Adjustable Bindings?

pkyle3

I've been seeing these Burton adjustable bindings on Ebay and I'm wondering if anyone knows more about them? They say its a one bolt mounting? Does that mean that there is only one bolt that mounts to the board, or is it similar to a Bomber set-up where there is a plate first and then the binding is mounted on top?

Also, does anyone know if they are as atrong as the Race Plate bindings??

Here's the Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21248&item=7115823954&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

-Kyle

They are a rental binding that Burton came up with a while ago. There is a plate that mounts to the board and you mount the bindings to the plate. The idea is so you can mount all your rental boards with a plate and you can easily throw bindings on that way you don't need a binding for everyboard in your fleet, or you can have binding preadjusted to boots sizes and quickly put on the right binding for the right boot without haveing to adjust to sole lenght (or strap lenght for their freestyle bindings). These binding also adjust to boot sole lenght with one screw that moves the toe and heel peices at the same time, makes it quick and easy for a rental shop, but you can center your boot over the edges.

Buy them if you are a fan of race plates and you NEED a cheap back up pair. Other wise there are way better options out there. In my opinion the are a step up from the carriers but a step down from their race plates. And you probably know everyones feelings on Burton race plates, even though two of the heaviest world cup racers in the country ride them.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to find a pair of bindings for a Burton Motion that are better than my Carriers (which I've snapped the toe bails on) but are not as stiff as the race plates. Cheap freeride set-up, I guess. A little change from my Burton Speed and Bomber set-up...

If not these bindings, what other bindings are better for a softer freeride set-up?

As philfell stated, they are rental/demo bindings. When I worked at a shop, I had purchased a pair of 1st generation step in plates on shop form. They s*cked. I'd put enough torque on them to walk right out of the bindings. I b*tched, so the rep hooked me up with these rentals instead. As phillfell described, it means one screw to adjust the binding length to the sole. They were pretty indesrtuctable, and heavy, but I didn't care about the weight because they were so tough. Lotsa metal in these babys!I never had a problem with them, plus it allowed me to adjust boots quickly and convert all my dual planker friends! The pair I had mounted to the deck in the traditional manner with the discs, not the switchable from board to board way that philfell described. Maybe these newer ones work that way instead. A decent binding for the money I think. As far as the glut you have seeen on eByay the last week, I think you will find that seller 'u12' is the one offering them all for sale, just like he offers the new race plates. I have not seen any yet from anyone else. He must list 4 or 6 pair a week. Wish I had bought them all at closeout from Jake!