Note to New Members ×

Aluminum Softboot Plate for Bomber Cant

Futahaguro

So I've been using the search function alot lately looking at softboot carving stuff, cants, etc., and it got me to thinking about how to hook up softboot bindings to a Bomber cant disk. Now, before you flame me :flamethro for saying you can't carve in softboots, I just watched Sean Martin do it as an advertisement for his plate system:). I was reading about how the old Burton cants fall apart and it is hard to find the Palmer risers, Catek doesn't seem to fill their orders promptly, etc., so I had an idea. Why can't someone make a plate that is very similar to the top part of a Bomber TD series that is as large as the base of a softboot bnding that can then have a single 4x4 pattern in it and then use the same holes in the cant disk to mount it to. If the current TD bindings use just those 3 screws to hold you on the board, I am sure it could hold the soft boot bindings to the board safely. So to try and make my idea more clear, if it wasn't already, it would be elastomer, cant disk, adaptor plate, softboot binding. It would seem to me that it would not cost much at all and would use the same machining that already exists to make the bindings. I know there is not much of a market for it but if someone can make money off of it than it might be worth it.

Obviously anyone can roll with this idea:biggthump. Thoughts?