Note to New Members ×

White Pass

OhD

Opening this Saturday 11/27 with double the area.

See http://www.skiwhitepass.com/ for info on the expansion. It's mostly pretty mellow terrain, but three quads and another 700+ acres should spread out the traffic a lot.

I'm heading up friday night. Gotta spend a lot of saturday at Learning Center meeting and probably clinicing with new hires. I don't expect the grooming to be all that great this early (and cold), but the forecast is for some more snow, so maybe I'll get a little carving in.

Hope to see some of you Northwesterners there once in awhile.

Pretty good weekend. Hiked for one run friday evening, and spent too much time Saturday getting official for the season. Cover is thin and the snow was very dry, but I only found a couple of little rocks all weekend. Folks poaching the closed steeps weren't so lucky...

The new RFID pass system had a few glitches but generally reads pretty well. Now if people could just get organized into fours before and after getting through the gate without two or three employees to help them figure it out the line would move a little faster.

Got the Zephyr out in the morning and the ATV out for a few runs late Sunday - sure felt good to be flying low again! A little nervous about grooming creases and rocks, but no harm done except for aggravating a wimpy wrist. Don't pat the dog!