Note to New Members ×

Snowshoe Mountain - Nov 28

Flashby

Who else is mad enough to go out on opening weekend at Snowshoe? I need to cram in a few early stops since I just started into this awesome hobby. I know conditions won't be great but since I'm still learning I don't mind. I plan to be there Sunday morning to spend most of the day then drive the 5 hrs home.

Then again ... they now might not be open this weekend. Snow report link below so maybe it is best to just delay until Dec.

Snowshoe snow report

"Mother Nature has once again proved how fickle she can be, forcing us to delay Opening Day. Snowshoe’s Opening Day was planned for Wednesday, November 24th, but we have seen only trace amounts of natural snowfall since early October, and have had very few chances to make snow for sustained periods. Forecasts do show cold air and possibly some natural snowfall moving into the resort’s area beginning late this week, and Snowshoe will be aggressive with snowmaking whenever possible. A new opening day is weather dependent, and Snowshoe will announce that date as conditions allow."

You're in the Burgh? Springs was my home mtn until 2004 when i moved to NC... it's a great carving mountain. Snowshoe is not very carve friendly.... except on weekdays.... Silver Creek is actually the better choice or the Western Territory. We (SkiNC) do a Snowshoe Summit every year... I'll post here when those dates are set.

Yep, da Burg. Howdy fellow yinzer. Maybe I'll see ya at Snowshoe but yeah it is nice having Seven Springs just 90 min away and a Season Pass so I can get all sorts of practice and testing and fun in on their stuff. If Seven Springs has snow by Dec 4 then I'll go there otherwise it might be Snowshoe on that weekend but we'll see.