Note to New Members ×

Visit to Loveland resort(?) in February

Futahaguro

*Digression*1st, I know it is not a resort but the old adage of 'Ski area' doesn't work anymore. So I could call it a 'boarding area' I guess but what do you call a ski/boarding locale that does not have all of the junk of a resort these days?*End Digression*

So, to the point, I will be boarding at Loveland on the 18th-21st of February and was wondering if there is anyone who could hike to the top areas and show me a safe way down. I am not sure which day I will do it because I will be with my wife and she is not good enough to do it. She is not used to boarding 4 days in a row so I am sure I will find some time on my own. I already have the 4pak tickets so no need to point me in that direction. I have been boarding for 20 years and have hiked to the top of Bridger Bowl in Montana so I feel confident that I will be able to make it down most areas. I don't have any avalanche gear, except for my old snowboard:biggthump, so I will need to rent that stuff.

If anyone is interested you can e-mail me via this board, it is turned on, with how you would like me to contact you, etc.. As long as you don't take my money and ditch me I am more than willing to pay for your lift ticket.

Thanks and I'm really looking forward to the trip!</DIGRESSION>

keep an eye on the yo lci thread, no avy beacon needed, if there are freshies I'm sure one of us would show you around the ridge, as well as zip basin. We all have season passes, so if you want, you can buy us a beer or 2. Just remember to bring lots of warm wind resistant cothing, it can get a wee bit nasty on the divide, with wind chills to more than 40 below

mario

Ps ski area works just fine