Note to New Members ×

BTS Praise

kieran

nothing that hasn't already been written, really.

tried them out last night. had measured centre-centre of the fixing pins before i took out the old adjusters, and maintained that gap with the BTS installed. on the 5-position adjuster, i was at 2 on the back and 3 at the front. i have as much toe lift on the front binding as i do heel lift on the rear.

i might try a higher rear heel and less forward lean as a result of the BTS.

i'm 6'6", ~225#, 31mp '09 325's and using the red springs.

instead of the boot warping around the ankle cable, it is pivoting at the ankle joint, and in a controllable manner too. my calf muscles have some use again!

going into turns seemed a whole lot easier. mid-turn on the choppy surface we call an indoor snow slope, i could feel much more movement in my ankle, rather than it being transmitted to the boot cuff as before. coming out of the turn, just as smooth. big grin every time.

a few people commented that i was going much quicker than they'd seen previously, which is entirely possible. i was having too good a time to notice.

They have to be 'the best investment' (along with the Head boot mods) I've made in Hardbooting :biggthump to me the boots are everything. Big :D every time I flex them........

kieran, if you get a couple bucks extra and want to experiment, buy some other springs and try different conbinations, you may end up with a bigger grin !

'instead of the boot warping around the ankle cable, it is pivoting at the ankle joint, and in a controllable manner too.' Amazing isn't it, when something works properly.

i knew i always wanted them, but as i only took up this hardbooting lark at the beginning of May this year, nobody could sell me a set. boo hoo.

i'm actually not running the springs from bomber. i bought a stiffer set locally. also my rear boot has a longer spring for the heelside, and a shorter one for toeside. OAL is still the same.

the rates are different, but there's still way more movement that i was getting before. i'm going to take both boards next week, and if it gets quiet enough toward the end, the GS board is coming out to play.