Note to New Members ×

25.4 waist width enough for sz 11 softies?

carvin29

Well I'm coming from a T6 164, 123 running length and a 117 is something seen on something like a 156. What's confusing is the 164 is only 1 cm longer but has 4 cm more running length.

I think on steeps I might run into trouble with the width.

I think I agree.......

The Flagship has a very long turn up on the nose giving it MUCH more float, but also reducing the effective edge.

Is this going to be an out east board?

The nose depends on the design. Back in the day I rode a Terry Kidwell, Sims Halfpipe and a later Terry Kidwell. All of these had the slow upturn nose. They were AWESOME in powder! But fell apart at speed on hardpack. I just sold a Dupraz which also has the "boat" nose. It didn't have any problems at speed on hardpack, it is more of a cruiser though.

So unfortunately, you are just going to have to take other peoples opinions on this one. Try asking Jones...... Or try TGR and see if anyone has talked about it.

I know you have probable heard this, but, you could give Donek a call and have Sean make you something. He has some wide freeride boards (Incline) that totally rail.

That's funny because the Jones nose rocker reminded me of boards from around 1990- I remember the Kelly Air also sort of looked like that. I'm not completely against using a board with 117 running length- if people want to chime in maybe I'll do it.

wow, I just busted out a ruler and can't believe how little 4 mm is.

That's funny because the Jones nose rocker reminded me of boards from around 1990- I remember the Kelly Air also sort of looked like that. I'm not completely against using a board with 117 running length- if people want to chime in maybe I'll do it.

wow, I just busted out a ruler and can't believe how little 4 mm is.

I haven't seen the Jones, just the rossi experience, it had a rather long nose..... Not as long as my examples, they were meant to be extremes.

Yeah, 4mm isn't much.