Note to New Members ×

want moldable liners, cheap! any size

bjvircks

I want to buy a pair of beat up moldable liners that have a little moldability left in them for a small project.

I'm trying to get a pair of inline skates to fit my ankles better and want to try adding patches of thermo-molding stuff. A lot of midrange and higher racing skates are built with heat moldable sections but the cheapy boots I picked up recently are not moldable. The rest of the boot fits my foot fine... I just want to take up a little bit of extra room between the stiff carbon composite shell and my ankle bone.

My plan is to cut a piece of liner to fit only the ankle wrap portion of each boot so a cheap beat up pair of liners is all I need.

Anybody got anyhing they'd like to get rid of before the season starts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sweetsooziep... Thanks for offering, but I'm not sure how I would make that work for me in my skate boot.

My thought for using old liners was to cut a pair of strips from the cuffs of fully moldable liners about 1&1/2 inch wide by 5 inches long. I'd then try to bond the strip into the top of the skate boot right where the ankle bones stick out. Heat molding would then make the top of the boot cradle the bones and fill in the achillies heel voids. This is the way mid to high range racing skate boots are made now, but I'm too cheap and too poor of a skater to justify spending that kind of coin on boots just yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for thinking of me sbfast!

I'm not sure how much remolding I need and so anything would be welcome. As I'm sure you've seen here, newcarver thinks he might have something for me also, but I have not heard back with a status.

How much do you want for your thermoflex? $ to send to zip 52403? Don't dare ask for them back... they go under the knife as soon as they arrive.

I was'nt thinking of getting money for the liners. I suppose you could pay for the shipping but I don't know how much that would be off the top of my head? If you could give me your address I could ship them out right away. If you don't want to post your address on the forum you could send it to me at mcurtis20@hotmail.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey snowboardfast! Liners arrived today and look like they'll do nicely. When I opened the box and got the liners out... boy did my dog give em a good sniffing! Too bad I've got a 27.5 foot. If they fit I'd try them in my hardboots... but can't.

I'll probably work on getting a patch of liner into the cuff of my skate boots this weekend. Luckily I don't need to increase my heel hold-down... just eliminate the side to side clearance.

Thanks again!