Note to New Members ×

any devo fans?

bobble

any devo fans? saw devo last night. last time i saw them was about 1984.

they played a couple new songs, fresh and don't shoot, then went back to the classics; whip it, peak-a-boo, girl you want, gates of steel, uncontrollable urge, satisfaction, freedom of choice, etc. a couple songs i don't remember ever hearing. in the background they played videos. i remember those same vids from '84. they were ahead of their time.

during a break, the bass player says to the audience, "its been 25 years... do you think that you've devolved?". the audience starts yelling and clapping.

"heh, well... being right wasn't out intention".

there were alot of old people there. some were easily in their 60's. they were all jumping to the music. i'd never would've guessed these people to be fans. sort of a strange mix.

cool to see devo still at it.

Devo is pretty popular in the Netherlands. And for some reason, they are even more popular in Sweden and quite popular also when I was in Finland. They appeal to the northern european mindset, I guess. They were never a band easy to categorize.

Devo is still cool NOW....where a band like "Flock of Seagulls" (LOL) is now VERY uncool.