Note to New Members ×

Finally, something to say...

wavechaser

Today somebody pointed out I hadn't posted on BOL in a long time. So here I am. Yippeee.

Anyway, we are having GS/Super-G/DH races (all single lane, timed) here in Burlington, VT on May 16th. We will be using the Green Mountain Bomb Squad 5.5 foot high start ramp for all races - with a transition that you can take a DH board down! Top speeds will be 35 for GS, 37ish for SG and 40+ for DH. Leathers and full-face helmets not required for DH. There will be a "B-class" start (push only - no ramp) further down the hill for the GS and Super-G (but not for DH), for those not comfortable doing the full-length course.

This is an Outlaw event so there is a bust factor, but we have been massaging the neighborhood by doing clean-up day on the site and talking with residents, so we should be OK. I'd say the bust factor is about a 2 out of 5, with 5 being the worst. We do have a backup site, but it would be GS and Slalom, possibly a TS too, instead.

More info to come by 5/1. Directions will only be given out privately once sign-up opens, due to the bust factor. Sit tight.

This will be the first race in the 3-5 race season-long Northeast Skateboard Racing Series. There will be series, as well as individual race awards, and if we are lucky, a bit o' schwag.

Tell your friends. Hide your daughters.

-RF