Note to New Members ×

Sole Length Database

KingCrimson

Just got my brand new UPZ RC-10 2013 size 25-25.5

Sole length = 258mm

numbers written on the shell:

4/4.5/5

258/279mm

Mmmm.....Doesn't sound quite right. According to UPZ's chart, the 279mm boot covers mondo 22.5 to 24.5. This is congruent with the other shell marking you list, 4/4,5/5, which I believe refers to the EU shoe size.

UPZ size chart on Frozen Backside.

Another UPZ size thread with confusion about actual size.

Yet another UPZ size thread with confusion about actual size.

That said, I'm down two full sizes from my foot length in a UPZ shell, but I needed some significant toe box work.

Pics in this thread.

UPZ sizing is a bit confusing. There's a long topics on this on russian boards. People say that you can easily take a liner 1cm smaller then foot you have.

I can say that i got ~290mm feet. My regular shoes are Salomon US13 - 30.5 - 48 (Salomon runs a bit smaller, guess my size is 47).

I fit perfect in UPZ with 280mm liner length. So 280mm size for 290mm foot and so on. For me thats 312mm shell, 280mm liner and US9.5 - EU43.5. If rely to size charts that's -2.5cm in mondo, and -4.5 EU size down and 3 size down according to US sizing.

Mmmm.....Doesn't sound quite right. According to UPZ's chart, the 279mm boot covers mondo 22.5 to 24.5. This is congruent with the other shell marking you list, 4/4,5/5, which I believe refers to the EU shoe size.

I'm also a bit confused. From my understanding the boot I received seems to be Mondo 24-24.5. The box says 25-25.5. Maybe a packaging error?

Anyway, important thing is that the shell is perfect for me. But I had to work hard on the liner as it was not long enough.

I'm also a bit confused. From my understanding the boot I received seems to be Mondo 24-24.5. The box says 25-25.5. Maybe a packaging error?

Anyway, important thing is that the shell is perfect for me. But I had to work hard on the liner as it was not long enough.

Nice!:biggthump