Note to New Members ×

A BC heli trip

Rob Stevens

I just got back from a week in the Cariboo's with CMH.

It is arguably the best way to ride mountains, unless you're an unrepentant tourer.

Anyway, my Wife, who works in reservations for the company, has been in charge of booking the TransWorld week. This trip has been, from the beginning, woefully underbooked. It will likely be cancelled.

I suggested that there would probably be more people on here who could afford that sort of thing than amongst the entire readership of TWS.

That said, is anyone out there interested in getting in on a group?

Trips range from shorter, 4 day programs at about $6,000, to the full pull, high season $11,000 week. I have found, however that it still pukes daily in spring, which is "off" season and about $10,000 for the full week.

My thinking is that some of you have contemplated it, but did not pull the trigger because you wanted to do it with friends and they didn't have the coin.

The obvious benefit here is that if we could put together a like minded group of shreds, we could have an amazing time. Showing up with 11 people (a full machine), you can literally take over the place at night and be guaranteed a pretty high rate of speed if the entire group is at least solid intermediate.

Again, it is a touch to your $'s, but ooooh, Damn...

This could be in off topic, but we'll carve alot if it makes any difference.