Note to New Members ×

questions for Head stratos pro

sxybst90

i use that POWER handle when i can't get my finger under that third buckle to undo it. i've no idea if that's what it's there for, but it saves me from having to take off my glove sometimes. my boots didn't come with the manual (if it comes with one) OR adjusting tool :mad: what about yours?

the stiffness spring: more compression = more stiffness. is "preload" the proper term for that?

-raising top screw decompresses spring

-lowering top screw compresses spring

-raising bottom screw compresses spring and increases forward lean

-lowering bottom screw decompresses spring and decreases forward lean

-to adjust forward lean without changing stiffness, move both screws in the same direction by the same (or close to the same?) amount.

for microadjust, each latch (when not buckled) can be twisted like a bottle cap to microloosen or microtighten. i'd hope that it'd be fairly obvious which direction loosens and which tightens.

a couple pages on the almanac have some paragraphs dedicated to the HSPs, if you haven't come across them yet.

enjoy your head.. i mean heads.

The center of that third buckle folds out to double the leverage when fastening it so you can crank the thing right tight.

You don't unscrew bolts for lean and flex, you flip up the lever in the back of the cuff to adjust lean, push the boot cuff to where you want it then put the lever back down. The cuff can then be leaned forward or back to engage in the closest lean adjustment position.

The flex is controlled by the two different tongues of varying stiffness and the little dial on the back of the boot in the lean adjustment mechanism.

The bolt that sets the cant is on the outer side of the boot with the little oval dohicky around it. Just loosen it until the teeth on the oval thing disengage from the teeth on the boot and you can move the cant to where you'd like it, then tighten it back down.

mine didn't come with any manuals or special tools... and i just couldn't unscrew or screw the bolt anybody came across this problem??

from the carver almanac it said

"Head boots have adjustment "wings" that extend some of the cuff plastic up by an inch."

is this possible on the stratos pro?

also i tried to set different position on it but it only makes this "click" noise in one position only. are you sure i cant untighten or tighten the bolt?

ty dingbat.

how to unscrew the bolts for lean/flex

i assume he's talking about the same "bolt" here.

sexybeast, you mean, due to the lack of tools, you can't adjust it?

i had the shop (ski boot shop) that i bought mine new from make a tool for me. they took a pocketsize L-shape wrench (no idea what kind of screw it originally adjusted) and put it to a grinder to make a fat flathead just small enough to fit in the groove and easily adjust.

other than that, easiest way would be to get probably the thickest, longest flathead screwdriver you can find. the flathead itself may not fill the gap very well, but a long lever to compensate works well. far from convenient to carry on the slopes, though.