Note to New Members ×

OT: Moving to Ca. from Fl. ?????

kiwanoron

Hey guys and girls,

My Wife and I are thinking of moving to California from Florida. She has been to the San Diego area and I have only been to Big Bear Resort(one time). We are flying out, in mid. November to look around. Any Suggestions??? She likes the Beach and I Love the Mountains (So we will have to be close to the beach:-)...I have been down here in Fl for two years now and need to get AWAY...I NEED SNOW!!!

THANKS ~ RON

Ron,

I live in SD and if you move here you'll have the best of both worlds. Surf in the summer and winter, Big Bear 3hrs away and Mammoth about 6. Snow Summit is my local mountain and when the snow is good carving can be insane. I had a great year last year and looking at how this season is moving in early it will probably be even better. I’ll be off to Mammoth the first weekend in November to enjoy the early opening. Buying a house as you probably know is another story but if you are going to rent the San Diego area can’t be beat.

SoCal is expensive...hell...almost anywhere near the coast is unless you go way up north

does your wife want beach beach...like...usually sunny, rarely that cold? If so..SoCal is it...if not...the bay area might be a better choice if you can afford it.

coastal living, or close to it, and only 3-4 hours to Tahoe with a whole grip of hills to choose from