Note to New Members ×

SOS 2010 (Cross Post)

csquared

Just to make sure this is seen by all, I am cross posting here. I have had a number of questions about whether the event is still on so I am clearly not messaging enough. However, you may be sure that it is on.

Its almost here: Friday January 29 is less than a week away and things are looking good for the event. I now have over 45 confirmed for the event so this should be the biggest yet.:biggthump

Below is the list of people who have confirmed that they are coming Friday. If you're not on the list below and you're planning to attend, you had better let me know pretty darn fast. If your name is on the list and you are NOT going to be with us on Friday please let me know so that I can remove your name.

Shoji Adachi

Darrell Babcock

Tony Boros

David Binder

Adam Buitenhuis

Geoff Calman

Chris Couse

Kevin Cowan

Rob Cox

Monique Cox

Darren Eagles

Gabriel Erdelyi

John Hevesi

Chris Houghton

Peter Halsall

Keith Hodgins

Stewart Hodgins

Eric Jensen

Henry Kim

Jimmy Lam

Joe Lindsey

Ian MacKenzie

Beth McNally

Graham McNally

Mike McNally

Simon McNally

Dave Morgan

John Nakashima

Dave Niblett

Lisa Niblett

Craig Nogas

John O’Brien

Matt Osler

Derek Peeling

Victor Plopeanu

Mark Rattenbury

Chris Smith

Tabatha Soltay

Arthur Tateishi

Gabe Tung

Bruce Varsava

Terry Vaughan

Dr. John Vu

Imo Weinert

Scott Williamson

Wojtek Ziolkowski

A few notes about for Friday:

1. You can find driving directions to the Osler Bluff Ski Club here: http://www.oslerbluff.com/site/index.cfm?DSP=Section&ID=8

2. Enter by the lane where you see the large Osler Bluff sign (there is a secondary parking lot down the road at the foot of the Orchard Chair so don't be fooled). You will be coming to the Clubhouse which is the white stucco building that overlooks the main parking lot. You will find the ticket windows in the breezeway under the clubhouse that leads from the parking lot to the hills.

3. Your name will be on a list that the ticket ladies will have. The name of the event is "Southern Ontario Session" and the sponsoring member is me, Chris Couse. Tickets are $65 (yes I know, that sounds expensive, you won't regret it though). You will be asked to sign a waiver (standard procedure for mid-week days unless you can produce evidence of insurance).

4. Beside the ticket windows is an entrance to the clubhouse. Across the hall on the lower level is the boot changing area. There are open cubbies to leave your boots, spare clothes etc. There are no coin lockers so it might be best to leave valuables in the car (you should not need to worry about boots, clothes, etc in the cubbies as there have been virtually no thefts in this area). Please do not bring your board inside the clubhouse. It will be quite safe on the rack outside. Upstairs from the change area you can find breakfast if you wish.

5. Many people will be arriving between 8:00 and 8:30 but your arrival time is really up to you. If you arrive past this window, we will be starting our day on the south end of the club on the Orchard chair. Go the top of the main chair (the foot of which is adjacent to the Clubhouse) and turn left where you will see the landing area of the Orchard Chair. If you wish to reach me or locate the group, I will have my cell (416-525-5902) and my FRS radio (tuned to 7-7).

6. The whole club is full of carving friendly terrain and the snow should be good for Friday. Generally the grooming is as good as it gets on the escarpment. Please remember to obey signs especially orange closure tapes and "slow riding zone" signs. We have left a good impression from past events and I would like to keep it that way so that I can continue to hold this event. As I am no longer a Director of the Club, I can't offer you diplomatic immunity.

7. We will gather for lunch at 11:30 at the Upper Chalet (old log building to the right at the top of the main chair). There is food service at the Upper Chalet and even beer in the fridge. However, it is not a full menu and you will have to be satisfied with soup, chili, a burger, grilled cheese, etc. If you wish to bring lunch, that works too. Last year, we ran into major line-ups at the kitchen because of a staffing problem so packing a lunch can be a good idea.

8. At 3:30 there will be an apres in the Clubhouse in the bar area sponsored once again by our friends at YYZ Canuck. We won't be seeing the smiling face of Andrea this year because she is due anytime this week. However, we may see Dave if the baby is cooperative for a little longer. Come and join us for a beer or some other restorative and as much hardboot chatter as you can stand.

9. Lastly, if you are photographically talented or even better, videographically talented, it would be great to capture the day. We have been lackadaisical about this with past events but having 45 people on the hill should be pretty spectacular and it would be great to record it. So don't be shy about offering your skills.

If this is the first time you are hearing about the event and you are interested in attending, please contact me through my profile. The numbers are very high this year and I am at my quota but I will see what I can do for you.:ices_ange