Note to New Members ×

Remember Atomic Metron 10 Pulse Ti Skis?

egibbons

Hey, this is egibbons' dad. I used to hang out here when I was dabbling with carving. My kids told me I was way better at skiing than alpining, so I went back to skiing. I am 50 years old, a NASTAR gold medal level skier. I usually carve on Atomic 160 slalom skis with my 3 sons on their alpine boards. When it snows, they take their soft boots, and we go off-roading. For that, I use my 180 Atomic R11 all mountains, which are a titch long/stiff for me (@160lbs) when we go in the trees.

Last time I looked, as I remember, Metro 10 Pulse Ti's were the cutting edge on all mountain skis. Do I recall that right? I am thinking about getting a pair of new-old-stock's. Are these going to be excellent performers in powder, chop, and bumps? I can't even find the range of sizes they were made in, but I am 5'7" 160lbs. Will 170's be best? I will only use them a couple times a year, predominantly using my beloved slaloms on the groomsters.

Thanks for any opinions.

I ski those when not on snowboard. They are fantastic on groomers. Good in bumps, but you have to ski them aggressivelly as they are stiffer then a typical bump ski. In powder... I don't know, I'm always on snowboard when pow :D

Size... well, they are ment to be skied short, like a fat SL ski. At 180lbs 6' I am on 164s, but I could be on 170s. I tried the 157s too and I couldn't find the top speed on those either. I guess for you it would be 157 or 164... Don't go very long, they are VERY heavy.

Look at Head Monster and Elan Magfire, too.

Magfires turn tight like Metrons, but are ment to be skied one length up.

Monsters want to turn longer, but are solid stable skis with lot of crud busting power. Go 1 to 2 sizes up from Metrons with those.