Note to New Members ×

Sunapee Opening Day

EZE

Yahoo! Its finally here. Blast Off Top to Bottom.

Website states they will be blowing snow every night from now till January weather permitting.

Opening this weekend is another run from the sumit and one into the Sun Bowl.

I have a two hour therapy session scheduled for 9am this morning.:1luvu:

EZE

Rough corny,dry,icy,dry,corny snow but it was lift accessed snow.

Two Notes:

1. I should exercise

2. Maybe the long board wasn't the best choice for first runs this year.

They were blowing snow everywhere at 32 deg in the parking lot.

EZE

• 4 weeks later...

Should be epic next week if we get all the snow.

I have not been disappointed by the man-made snow at Sunapee.

I rode wed/th/fri/sat/sun last week and each day was great.

Sunday afternoon was the best, once the rain left the sun came out the temps were in the high 30 and the snow was like early April, you could just carve as hard as you wanted to and the edge would hold.

Almost every major trail is open.

New this year: on the Duckling Chair (the oldest running chair in NH) they replaced the cross slats and added a seat cushion, very comfy, quite and uncrowded for those special mind relaxing lift rides;).

Cataract is awesome and wide too bad the bumps will come soon. Also Flying Goose has been bumpless so far. Tha trail rocks without mounds of pointless snow taking up half the trail.

DURACE where are you?? I'm on the early morning schedule again this year. Get there for first chair and usually gone by 10/10:30, have gone back twice during nap time for an hour but parking at that point is the worst.

EZE

Poached two hours yesterday during work, snow is excellent.

Looking more at a Thursday or Friday trip next and again for about two hours.

Wednesday is Two For One day but I know you have the pass.

They bumped Flying Goose on Friday Night:( It was epic up until Saturday morning when I rode the lift and saw the enevitable horror I knew would come. That trail rocks without bumps. Cataract into the bowl from the North Peak is beautifully wide right now and I imagine will soon have bumps of it's own.

There is a new mountain cam at Sunapee which shows the eggbeater trail over to the north peak triple and then you can turn it all the way left to the park lift. I'll see if I can find the link off their website again and post it.

EZE

There is a new mountain cam at Sunapee which shows the eggbeater trail over to the north peak triple and then you can turn it all the way left to the park lift. I'll see if I can find the link off their website again and post it.

EZE

I was playing with that yesterday! fun!

I need to explore more of sunapee this year, I stuck to the right hand side last year.

Hey I saw you from the lift a couple Sundays ago and never cought you. Were you there Christmas morning? Great day and the lift didn't explode this year ++. I'll be there this weekend hope to get up Friday but don't think I'll make first chair. I had Cataract all to my self a couple runs:biggthump. We were blocked last week so I can't wait to get back up.

Paul

I rode Christmas mid day. I bought the big pass this year no blackouts:1luvu:

I'm not allowed to stay after 10:30am but my normal progession is Sumit, North Peak, Sun Bowl, North Peak, and finally the Duckling Chair riping the bottom of Flying Goose until my legs are done.

Looks like I'll be there thursday morning at 9am and then both Sat & Sun at 8am. Riding in the blue or gray coat this year, the orange coat was finally passed down to the cordwood/woodstove coat.

EZE

Early season there is empty on the weekends. Now the crowds will start :smashfrea on the weekends. So far they haven't half filled the second lot and the bowl has been empty... You just have to get first chair and plan an early escape, it takes the turists until 10:30 or later to get out of the lodge.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

The snow was incredible. I made it till 10:30 on Sat. riding with a tele friend. Sun I was reduced to the duckling right after I saw you and pounded 4 more out on the bottom of Flying Goose which was also incredibly gripy.

I love to watch the jaws drop as I lay down some big ass turns right under their noses.

Lots of rain today. I would give it at least till wednesday to dry out if anyone was thinking about going this week.

By Saturday it will be back to the same great cord.

EZE