Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit USASA Events 12/13

KingCrimson

I guess I'm the resident race reporter now..

GS on Sunday at Summit. Hope you guys are there to cheer me on in my attempt to not miss any gates or get injured. (Winning would be okay too)

And if you want to race for some masochistic reason...

I THINK you can do one day membership with USASA for 25 if you've raced before, and a free trial if it's your first. Don't quote me on it, but I'm 99% sure.

From the USASA Southern California Series page:

Registration 8am to 9:30

inspection 9:45 to 10:15

Riders Meeting 10:30

Remember HELMETS and USASA membership REQUIRED for all events

Event Information

Our events are held at BEAR MOUNTAIN and SNOW SUMMIT Competition fees are as follows:

USASA Membership Fee is $75.00. pre register online.

Discounted Competitor Lift Ticket is $25.

Single Events $25

Dual Events $35

Open Class $55

Cash Prize 1st, 2nd & 3rd For Open Class

Plus a huge prize pool at every event! Medals for 1st , 2nd , and 3rd place.

Remember HELMETS & USASA Membership are REQUIRED for all events, no exceptions

Thanks for the heads up. I want to do this but I am probably going to be up in Mammoth for the dump. I think the soonest race I can be part of is NASTAR at the end of this month in Mammoth. Sigh, such a long wait.

I believe my dad is racing in that one...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not free to race, it's just free to pay for a race. :lol:

Never raced Summit before..But we are most likely meeting in the Main Lodge before opening.

Other than that.. Carve through the gates, not next to them. Never accept any personal flaws. Your tune always sucks, you have the wrong wax, your bindings flex too much, the carbon content of the stainless hardware in your helmet was excessive.

Growling at others while waiting to race is allowed, but no actual words are permitted at any time.

Theo, how is the course usually set? GS type turns or something tighter? I may be interested in doing this if I feel better. Caught a cold while in CO, hopefully I am on the downhill part of the recovery.

You think my 190 World Cup would be too long?

There are 2 GS events and 2 SL events. Your timing is

Race 1

Race 2

Race 1

Race 2

Times 1&3 are averaged, etc.

That WC should be fine for GS..They make about the same turns as my GS Coiler. The Proton might be a better choice in case you have to slarve. (If you're like me, the whole thing is slarved) That Renntiger you have is probably the best bet though.

I don't know what you have on the shorter side of things so I can't make a recommendation on the SL side.

Hope you can race!

Mike- You have the right idea! They will discuss rules if you miss a gate or something. Pretty hard to do in a slalom but it happens. No clue on GS.

Basically you want to start your turn above the gate, and as you swing around below it, be pointed at the next one. That's all that can be said, the rest just costs time.

What's the SCR on that VSR? Might actually turn a bit big for SL being a freecarve board of that length.

Our events are held at BEAR MOUNTAIN and SNOW SUMMIT Competition fees are as follows:

USASA Membership Fee is $75.00. pre register online.

Discounted Competitor Lift Ticket is $25.

Single Events $25

Dual Events $35

Open Class $55

Cash Prize 1st, 2nd & 3rd For Open Class

Plus a huge prize pool at every event! Medals for 1st , 2nd , and 3rd place.

Remember HELMETS & USASA Membership are REQUIRED for all events, no exceptions