Note to New Members ×

Volant Excel GS 173

altaholism

Not a gimmick and ahead of their times!

Early in the season I bought an NOS Aggression 163 freeride carver, shaped similar to ATV. The thing rocked! Soft longitudinally, stif on torsion, lots of rockered nose, crazy good float even with centered bindings, carved good where I could find groomed snow that day...

The only thing... I exploded it in less then 3 hours...

Also, few years back, someone sold me a badly bent 163 SL :( Basicaly "redesigned" to rocker all the way to front binding. I was too scared to take it out for a spin. Maybe I should.

Verdict: If you had disposable money and the board is not expensive, buy one as a curiossity and wall hanger, but do not expect long life out of it.

We will see in the next week I'll go see how it behaves in the snow.The only question is how painful will be an outbreak-explode of this board.Moreover, how fantastic would be the demolished wall board looked at the collection of other boards.Well, what friends think about it!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Well-I talk to myself. Nobody helps me out and did not say what these plates?

I just got my Volant -looks like a real stiff carving machine.In three days check it in action:eplus2: !!!!Now a quick overview and no more sleepless nights.

We will see in the next week I'll go see how it behaves in the snow.The only question is how painful will be an outbreak-explode of this board.Moreover, how fantastic would be the demolished wall board looked at the collection of other boards.Well, what friends think about it!:eek:

Historically, most just loose camber in a big way. I am certain there are a few broken ones out there, I just don't recall seeing any.

Depends on what type of plate. A plate that mounts directly on the top sheet would certainly help. The suspension type depending on it's stiffness might actually speed the demise of the board?

Let us know how it goes. Please do not end up on the AIL thread, Ok?

• 2 weeks later...

As I wrote after the purchase of the Volant board went with friends to Italy in the Alps. We have this small group of about 12 people-some experts, some people with pretty large number of skills and some beginners. I'm no expert ...and no beginner. I asked about the review boards. Well .... It turned out that there is not a bad opinion on it . And so what that they exploded.For the such of fun was worth. 6 days a sharp carving in different conditions without any signs of damage. post-10799-141842343731_thumb.jpg

Honestly say that I start to look for SL162 (even if it was just an exhibit).

In the shop with snowboard and ski equipment in Bormio/Italy I seen in the color of polished silver and gold brand new .....VOLANT skis. Yes, brand new!To sum up a lot of great board forgiving but still allows them more and more.