Note to New Members ×

Telluride, CO INFO

AMK

Hey there,

just about to plan my trip to Ouray, CO and saw Telluride is so close to it.

If anyone ever rides down there? I will love to get some slope time before I head an Ice Park. Planing to go in January/midweek.

If you know any place to stay there would be great.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Give me a shout when you get here. I live in Ridgway which is pretty close to Ouray. There are several hotels in Ouray that are nice. Never stayed at any so don't know which ones to recommend. The Weispsne (spelling?) has their own hotsprings and have heard good things about them. There are a handful of carvers over here. Would be happy to meet up with you and show you around the mountain. There are several good carving runs at T-ride. Durango is supposed to be pretty good too but the drive over there can be very dangerous in the winter. T-ride is much easier to get to.

Give me a shout when you get here. I live in Ridgway which is pretty close to Ouray. There are several hotels in Ouray that are nice. Never stayed at any so don't know which ones to recommend. The Weispsne (spelling?) has their own hotsprings and have heard good things about them. There are a handful of carvers over here. Would be happy to meet up with you and show you around the mountain. There are several good carving runs at T-ride. Durango is supposed to be pretty good too but the drive over there can be very dangerous in the winter. T-ride is much easier to get to.

Hey there,

yes planing on coming like 3rd or 4th of January, for a week. Staying till to the end of Ice Park Festival. But beginning of the week I'm planing on going to T-ride, I believe it will be Tuesday and Wednesday.

Would be great to meet you and definitely I'm takeing you on the offer of the guide. Thanks.

I'll send PM around mid Dec, just to stay in touch.

Thanks again.

Cool! Just make sure you bring something for riding powder too. Not uncommon to get a good storm around that time of year. I could set you up with a good freeride board but I use small bindings with size 26.5. I can ride at least one day during the week maybe more if my schedule allows.

Cool! Just make sure you bring something for riding powder too. Not uncommon to get a good storm around that time of year. I could set you up with a good freeride board but I use small bindings with size 26.5. I can ride at least one day during the week maybe more if my schedule allows.

thanks. I'm not sure if I can take my board with me, just to much to take

( winter climbing gear etc..), all type of boots ( PS. M 25). Way to much.

I'm not a carver yet. Hope to get there. I will just look to rent some.

I will contact you for more info for sure. Thank you again.

Looking forward to head T-ride

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know, there are no discount vouchers available. This week is early season prices at $68. If you have a military ID you can get a free day card for $60. 1st day free and 25% off any other time you go. All other deals are for multi day and are no longer available since the season started. They don't make it easy or cheap :freak3:

As far as I know, there are no discount vouchers available. This week is early season prices at $68. If you have a military ID you can get a free day card for $60. 1st day free and 25% off any other time you go. All other deals are for multi day and are no longer available since the season started. They don't make it easy or cheap :freak3:

Bummer..... I missed it. I should think about it before.

Any mid week discounts?

don't think they have any discounts other than buying online for multi days. They do have a kiosk at Sports Authority that sells tickets. They didn't have any for T-ride but that might have changed this year. If you come out here next year I could get you a free day card for $60. Just have to get it before season unless you have military ID.

don't think they have any discounts other than buying online for multi days. They do have a kiosk at Sports Authority that sells tickets. They didn't have any for T-ride but that might have changed this year. If you come out here next year I could get you a free day card for $60. Just have to get it before season unless you have military ID.

I dont have MI, I will check on line for info but this pass 60$, how it works?

You buy the card and your 1st day is free. Any other day you go, you get 25% off the standard ticket price. Great way to go if you don't know how many days you can ride or are only going to ride a few days. Otherwise the only other passes they have are 6 day, 10 day, and season. They might still have some kind of multi day deal online though. I know they were running that last year.