Note to New Members ×

KB4C "Kiteboarding for Cancer" Event in the Gorge

Nice pics Bryan, my friend Cynthia won the womens rally @ about 192 miles!!!!! She even tied a guy for 2nd overall. Did you give it a go???

thanks for the pics.

JoelP

Hi Joel, good to hear from you!!

Very cool!! That is allot of 3 mile laps!!

I am afraid I am not up for that yet. I was there to get inspired and visit with some of the locals. I had planned to meet up with Tinkler to see what he has been up to. He ended up kiting on the WA side a few miles up-river.

I took allot of photos.

You should come visit the PNW sometime? If I ever get my remodel/addition done I would love to have you come hang out. You could surf/sail/kite on the Oregon / ski snowboard Mt Hood and rip in the Gorge!!

Bryan

The sandbar at the mouth of the Hood River (just east of the Event Site)

Lots of happy dogs (Mastiff checking out a puppy)

This big guy is "No Bindings" kiting. "No Board" for Kiting :biggthump

post-198-1418422843_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842284302_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842284305_thumb.jpg

"Gal look no bindings" that's Cynthia. She's riding her skimboard. Her and her boyfriend got me into skimboarding with a kite a year ago and now I spend more than 1/2 my time doing that. I was trying to come up for the Industry show mid Sept. The owners of the shop where I am working want me to go. but one of the owners lives there so I didn't see a need to send me all the way from Texas for just 2 days. If I show up and there is no wind it could be a waisted trip. Instead I'm having them send me a lot of gear to test down here. But if anything changes I'll contact you.

thanks for the pics...all good ones.

Joel