Note to New Members ×

Skating accidents?

Arclite

I've just had my first actual accident skating.

I was riding my friend's slalom board, about 33"

It's a really squirrelly board and I wanted to try going down this very subtle hill that I like with my longboard.

Obviously i knew my longboard was more stable.

About half way down, i tryed to avoid the speed bump and go towards the gutter, not realized the car parked 15 feet after the bump.

I carved hard, board skidded away out from under my foot, i roll about twice.

Sprained ankle and a shredded hand is what I get for being curious.

thanks karma.

Anybody else have some good crashes they wanna share?

slalom boards are awesome, but that squirreliness is probably a super turny front truck (i'm assuming) which makes pumping super easy (an absolute necessity for slalom).

I've had a few spills, but i wear pads and usually walk away unscathed. I may look like a dork, but i know that i fall, and when i do, it doesn't hurt as much.

I've only gotten hurt a few times. One was when i tried sliding with some super sticky 75a speedvents and got major wheel chatter and got bucked off of the board. My hip and elbow got some decent road rash and bruising. Luckily i had slide gloves on or my hand woulda had a really bad time too.

slalom boards are awesome, but that squirreliness is probably a super turny front truck (i'm assuming) which makes pumping super easy (an absolute necessity for slalom).

He doesn't pump, it was more due to super weathered bushings.

Commutes and he doesn't pump. :confused: Interestingly enough, I actually scratched my head at that one.

From my (lack of) experience, slalom boards are tall, therefore irritating to kick, but fantastic for pumping for short periods of time. Sounds like it was poorly set up if it lost bite in a fairly slow turn unless you were really doing something wrong.

What's this about karma? You been pumpin' his woman too?

Commutes and he doesn't pump. :confused: Interestingly enough, I actually scratched my head at that one.

From my (lack of) experience, slalom boards are tall, therefore irritating to kick, but fantastic for pumping for short periods of time. Sounds like it was poorly set up if it lost bite in a fairly slow turn unless you were really doing something wrong.

What's this about karma? You been pumpin' his woman too?

Slow turn???

Okay, you come over here, grab his board, and take this hill, and tell me it was slow.

Hah, she wishes.

maybe i should of clarified...

subtle as in about 3* but very long. There's a reason they put speed bumps...

Lets be real, you crashed. :)

:I used to race SL and swapped board with someone who was having set up issues with a new SL stick to help him out 25 or so cones into it I got front whell bite whent down and broke my collor bone. Is it the boards fault for wheel bite, or is it really my fault for not being familair with the gear and riding it at speeds that will cuase injury???

It was 10 days before nationals and I never got to go!

By the way I blamed me not the board... or the hill or the course, My fault totatally!

Wouldn't have happened to be heavier than the guy, would you?

I set my boards up so that they're just a hair from wheel bite and have no problems and don't get bite, even in hard turns.

As soon as someone 15-20 Lbs or more steps on the board, wheel bite...

Wouldn't have happened to be heavier than the guy, would you?

I set my boards up so that they're just a hair from wheel bite and have no problems and don't get bite, even in hard turns.

As soon as someone 15-20 Lbs or more steps on the board, wheel bite...

probably much heavier.

He's a latino track runner (no steriotype there) around 5'6"

I'm around 5'9"